We went to Santa Rosa Beach with Jason's side of the family in August.
We had a great time, even though Nash was sick most of the trip.
This is the beautiful house we stayed in.
The boys with Mimi and Papa.
Jason and Nash
Rome and Jason at Pompano Joe's. Nash and I didn't go eat with them but Jason was obviously making Rome laugh hysterically!
No matter how much you love the ocean, saltwater still tastes bad.
Rome loved boogie boarding. The waves were really big the first couple of days and Jason kept getting creamed so that Rome could ride the waves.
Rome and Sawyer in the boat. They actually did pretty well riding the waves in this boat, even though they did flip a couple of times.
Papa was always the man with the plan!
Poor Nash was having some issues while we were at the beach! In addition to being sick, his skin was horrible! He was itchy the whole time and the saltwater seemed to really bother his skin. The only thing that made him happy was the boat, eating junk, being held, and feeding the seagulls - or as he called them "chichens".
There is nothing better than Popsicles on the beach!
Sawyer
Rome
This is pretty much how Nash's face looked the entire time - covered in snot and food!
Jason took Rome out to the sand bar.
When they finally got out there, Rome kept raising his arms up like Rocky. Every time he did, I missed the picture. This is as close as I got.

Rome playing in the ocean.
Nash's best "how you doin'.." expression - eating "pums"!
Jason is a reader and when he wasn't in the water with Rome, he had his nose buried in a book. He did take his fair share of naps while we were on vacation too! I asked him one day if he had bed sores from sleeping so much. Since the boys came along it is a rarity for either of us to get as much sleep as we want.

Everyday, at some point, Rome looked just like this. He would flop down on the sand and roll around a few times until his legs were covered with sand.
Our little "monkey" wokin' outside of Pizza by the Sea.
Rome and Sawyer enjoying their desserts!
Uncle Jon, Rome, Aunt Benga, and Sawyer
The last couple of days the water was so calm that Rome kept saying the water was like lake water. He discovered that he was pretty good at finding shells for GiGi's collection.
Sawyer loved looking at all the "cool" things in the water.
Sawyer's expression cracks me up everytime I look at it. He was blowing saltwater out of his nose.
Yes, I did go on the trip.
No, I am not in very many pictures.
We did attempt to get Benga to take a family picture of us but I haven't gotten them from her.
This is one that Papa made.
Jason and Rome both had their eyes closed, Nash looks like he is eating his hand, but here is proof that I was there.

No, I am not in very many pictures.
We did attempt to get Benga to take a family picture of us but I haven't gotten them from her.
This is one that Papa made.
Jason and Rome both had their eyes closed, Nash looks like he is eating his hand, but here is proof that I was there.
Do you want to know what "beached out" kids look like?
Here they are...
Rome and Nash were both zoned out all the way home!
Beach pictures are always the best! It looks like a wonderful time was had by all! I can't wait for our next beach trip--relax, relax, relax in a take the kids to the beach kind of way.
ReplyDelete